THE PROCEDURE OF THE CONSULTATION
- Dial the doctors room on the land line number supplied on my website to make an online appointment
- The secretary will give a date and time for the appointment of your choosing
- Complete and submit the patient detail form on our website before the date of the consultation
- On the given time and date you will be ready to receive a WhatsApp video call from Dr Troost’s secretary who will greet you and check the patient details form you have completed and submitted via our website
- The video call will be transferred to Dr Troost who will conduct the consultation with you. If he decides to treat you based only on the consultation then a prescription will be WhatsApp, emailed or faxed to you depending on your preference and a follow up online appointment will be scheduled to evaluate your response to treatment. If Dr Troost needs more information regarding your problem then he might request a CT scan, MRI scan, blood tests or audiogram
- Dr Troost will then transfer the video call back to the secretary who will make the arrangements for the tests with you and organize a follow up online video consultation with you to show and discuss the test results with you. He will then inform you of his opinion and suggested further management/treatment. If surgery is advised then he will discuss that with you in detail
- When surgery has been agreed upon then the video call will be transferred back to the secretary and the necessary arrangements will be made with you
- All the necessary hospital admission forms will be sent to you via email for online completion
- All surgery is done at Day Theatre facilities to ensure fast and friendly admission with minimal contact with hospital staff and patients
- A post op follow up visit will again be scheduled online as a virtual reality consultation as before
AT ANY TIME WHEN THE PATIENT SO CHOOSES HE/SHE CAN BOOK AN IN-OFFICE TRADITIONAL APPOINTMENT.
ALL ACCOUNTS IS SUBMITTED TO THE PATIENTS MEDICAL AID ONLINE BY US VIA ELECTRONIC BILLING. PATIENTS NOT ON A MEDICAL AID WILL BE EXPECTED TO PAY VIA EFT PRIOR TO ONLINE CONSULTATIONS WITH POP SUBMITTED.
Do you suffer ear, nose and throat problems.
Dr. Troost is a ENT specialist in medical and surgical management of ear, nose and throat problems. He also focuses on problems with snoring and sleep apnea